“Kansas City” Art Exhibit First Friday

//“Kansas City” Art Exhibit First Friday

“Kansas City” Art Exhibit First Friday

It’s looking like this Friday will be a beautiful First Friday! Why not celebrate by stopping into Buttonwood Art Space to explore our latest exhibition, “Kansas City”?!

Our gallery is filled with over 160 original artworks of our beautiful city, it’s landscapes, parks and landmarks. This is one exhibit you won’t want to miss!

We’re excited to partner with KC Parks & Recreation to enhance our city’s parks through art sales. Each purchase will benefit parks in Midtown KC with 40% of net sales benefiting KC Parks and the remaining 60% going directly to artists. 

KC Parks’ mission is to improve the quality of life, health and wellness of our community by providing socially equitable, community-driven programming and environmentally sound natural resource management.  The department maintains 221 parks, 12,242 acres of parkland, 159 miles of trails and bikeways, 29 lakes, hundreds of athletic fields and tennis courts, 106 playgrounds, and five public golf courses.  However, artworks sold in this exhibition will directly benefit Midtown!

Join us for the opening reception THIS Friday, May 3rd from 6pm – 9pm and discover Kansas City through the eyes of our artists! UMKC Jazz Studies students will perform live jazz throughout the evening while you tour the gallery, snack on tasty treats and enjoy a beverage or two. 

We hope to see you THIS Friday, May 3rd from 6-9pm! 

By |2019-05-01T18:55:08+00:00May 1st, 2019|Events|

About the Author: